Sustainable Development mission to Washington
This mission will focus on Sustainable Development: A Look at Projects in Environment, Tourism, Natural Disaster Prevention, Sanitation, Rural Development and Agriculture at both Banks at their headquarters in Washington, DC.
Topics will include:
- Pollution control and waste management
- Sustainable development
- Land titling and registration
- Agricultural support services including plant and animal health, food safety and agricultural research
- Financing of agribusinesses through the Inter-American Investment Corporation and the Multilateral Investment Fund
- Coastal zone and watershed management
- Potable water
- Emergency response programs for natural disasters
- Institutional strengthening and training
- Impact assessments, mitigation activities and studies.
Who should attend?
- Consulting firms, individual consultants, universities, think tanks, and NGOs
- Equipment manufacturers
- Goods suppliers
- Works & construction contractors
- Prospective sponsors of IDB private sector projects
- To learn what types of projects the IDB is financing in the sectors of your interest
- To identify opportunities to market your company’s products and services
- To discover how projects are initiated and developed
- To find out how your firm can stay in the loop for future projects
- To learn about the IDB’s procurement procedures
This is a great opportunity for your firm to network with other Canadian firms who are interested in further developing opportunities and international projects with the International Financial Institutions.
Objectives of the Mission
- To initiate dialogue between Canadian Firms and the World Bank and Inter-American Development Bank officers responsible for Sustainable Development projects.
- Create a high level of awareness on the part of the Canadian firms of the project requirements and constraints, and their level of competitiveness in accessing bank projects and bank-financed projects and programs in the areas of Sustainable Development.
- Inform World Bank and Inter-American Development Bank staff of the capabilities and interests of Canadian firms in the sectors of agriculture, environment, tourism and sustainable development.
- Initiate and maintain working relations with representatives of the World Bank and Inter-American Development Bank.
The cost of the Sustainable Development Mission will be C$300. Registration includes the participant fee to the Inter-American Development Bank Seminar on Sustainable Development, as well as Lunch on Wednesday and Thursday.
A list of provincial contacts and registration details can be found here (PDF).