Energy white paper: meeting the energy challenge
- tackling climate change by reducing carbon dioxide emissions both within the UK and abroad; and
- ensuring secure, clean and affordable energy as we become increasingly dependent on imported fuel.
- to put ourselves on a path to cutting CO2 emissions by some 60% by about 2050, with real progress by 2020;
- to maintain the reliability of energy supplies;
- to promote competitive markets in the UK and beyond;
- to ensure that every home is adequately and affordably heated.
Some of the measures in this White Paper require further public consultation. Alongside the White Paper we launched consultations on nuclear power, the Renewables Obligation and guidance on the 1965 Gas Act.
Download Full Report Here