Dow Reports Progress on 2015 Sustainability Goals
Posted externally for our customers’, stakeholders’ and shareholders’ review, our 2Q 2009 Sustainability Goals Update is now available on dow.com. Here, you will find updates for each of our seven 2015 Goals, including highlights of the report that exemplify our four elements of setting the standard:
Our technologies enable our customers, and their customers, to develop products and services for a more sustainable future.
- Customer wins award for alcohol-free fragrance formulation enabled by water-based micro-emulsion technology from Dow.
- DOWTHERM(tm) A heat transfer fluids collect and transport heat from Concentrating Solar Power Systems to generate alternative energy.
- Sustainable Chemistry Index established for assessing and improving the sustainable chemistry advantages of our products.
Innovations for Tomorrow
We contribute to the sustainability of society and our planet by developing innovative technologies for current and future markets.
- Announced plans to work with Algenol Biofuels, Inc. to build and operate a pilot-scale algae-based biorefinery to convert CO2 into ethanol.
- Proposed joint venture to manufacture the next generation of batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles is announced in Michigan.
- AgroFresh reaps successful field trials for INVINSA(tm) Crop Stress Protection technology.
Our infrastructure has a positive impact on our company, our communities and ourselves; our operations are a model for others, wherever we operate.
- Dow Water & Process Solutions awarded the 2008 Minnesota Governor’s Safety Award for Outstanding Achievement in Occupational Safety.
- Achieved our 200th Product Safety Assessment as we continue to lead the industry in publicly available summaries of high-priority compounds.
- End of second quarter 2009 Injury and Illness rate showed a 36 percent improvement compared to our performance for all of 2008 - 9 percent better than where we strive to be for all of 2009.
Partners for Change
We are leaders in advancing all aspects of sustainability, openly collaborating with customers, suppliers, communities, civil society and governments.
- Dow AgroSciences and World Wide Wheat commercialize advanced germplasm and traits in wheat.
- Dow and Gazprom Marketing and Trading Limited signed a memorandum of understanding to develop and implement greenhouse gas reduction projects on a global basis.
- Dow alliance with local NGO, government, and other companies launched domestic solid waste recycling program in Bahía Blanca, Argentina.
For Editorial Information:
The Dow Chemical Company
+1 989 636 4155